Able Tool Corporation is currently looking to hire skilled, experienced machinists for our horizontal and vertical milling department. A qualified candidate will be able to work in a high mix, low volume job-shop environment. We offer competitive wages, 401(k), vacation, health, dental and vision and many other great benefits.
CNC Machinist Job Purpose: Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
CNC Machinist Job Duties:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Familiarity with MasterCAM or other CAM software.
- Familiarity with Fanuc, HAAS, and Milltronics CNC controls.
- Experience with G&L Boring Mill a plus!
Skills/Qualifications: Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Tooling, Coordination, Attention to Detail, Judgment
Job Type: Full-time
- Machinist: 3 years